What is a Consultant?
A consultant is a treasured member of the NBRC team, offering valued volunteer support for NBRC examination committees and helping us improve every year.
Consultants supplement each of our examination committees, bringing specialized knowledge and serving as subject matter experts to help evaluate and refine content to ensure we have the best exams possible.
Invited by the president of the NBRC, each consultant term is one year, renewable by the president for additional one-year periods. When a new consultant comes aboard, each is paired with an experienced Board Member as a mentor to provide support and serve as a valuable resource as they acclimate to the position.
Our consultants sit on one or several committees based on their areas of expertise:
- RT Examination Breadth of Knowledge Committee (TMC)
- RT Examination Depth of Clinical Judgement Committee (CSE)
- Pulmonary Function Technology Examination Committee (PFT)
- Adult Critical Care Specialty Examination Committee (ACCS)
- Asthma Educator Specialty Examination Committee (AE-C)
- Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty Examination Committee (NPS)
- Sleep Disorders Specialty Examination Committee (SDS)
We give thanks to both the newest members of our consultant family and the long-standing volunteers supporting the profession of respiratory care.